A Call for Prayer Warriors
We cannot stress enough our desperate need for intercessory prayer. We Praise God for raising up an army of over 200 who have committed to pray for us once a day or once a week. If God burdens you join our prayer team in this way please let us know so we can update you each month with specific prayer requests.
“Christians at home can do as much for foreign missions as those actually on the field. I believe it will only be known on the Last day how much has been accomplished in mission work by the prayers of earnest believers at home.” – J. O. Fraser
[Intercessory prayer] is in reality the hardest thing to do for foreign missions. It is much easier to read of missions, or to give, or even to go. If a man begins to pray for missions, he will soon find that the expenditure of spiritual power and energy is by no means small, if his prayers are in any sense real…. [Yet] a strong, vigorous, growing Christian life will always make daily prayer for the evangelization of the world a foremost duty, and find in it a precious privilege and an increasing blessing. – W. H. Griffith Thomas
8 Ways to Pray for Us
1. Spiritual strength in our walk: Pray for spiritual nourishment through prayer, Scripture meditation, and fellowship with believers. Also pray for victory over our fleshly desires and strength to stand firm against the evil one. (Eph. 6:10-18)
2. Love in our hearts: Pray for enduring and increasing love in our marriage and home, and for grace to teach our children to love God with all their hearts. (Dt. 6:4-9)
3. Wisdom in our plans: Pray for wisdom in making goals, prioritizing where to pour our energies, and in communicating with and ministering to people. (Jam. 1:5)
4. Diligence in our work: Pray that we will accomplish much by faithfully doing a little while trusting in the help of the Spirit. (Prov. 13:4)
5. Adjusting to the language & culture: Pray that God would enable us to thoroughly learn the Khmer language and give us wisdom & flexibility to adapt to the Khmer culture. (1Cor. 9:22)
6. Evangelizing unbelievers: Pray for God to cultivate the hearts among the Khmer people, open up contacts for us, give us courage and clarity as we speak to them, and do his powerful work of persuasive calling. (1 Thess. 1:5)
7. Discipling believers: Pray for us to have patient love and spiritual wisdom as we disciple new believers to know and follow Christ. Pray for each disciple to clearly understand Jesus’ teaching, sincerely believe it, and faithfully practice it. (Matt. 28:19-20)
8. Training shepherds: Pray for each local church to abound in love and be sanctified by the truth. Pray for God to prepare and call faithful Cambodian men to shepherd his church. (2 Tim. 2:2)
Away in foreign lands they wondered how
Their simple word had power.
At home, the Christians two or three had met
To pray an hour.
Yes, we are always wondering, wondering ‘how’
Because we do not see
Someone, unknown perhaps, and far away,
On bended knee!
–F. M. Nesbit